[Sca-cooks] Old in the SCA

Lis liontamr at ptd.net
Fri Apr 12 15:12:05 PDT 2002

Several years ago at a Pennsic  Tournament to benefit some charity or other,
My husband was paired up to fight Viscount Sir Edward Z. You have to
understand that my husband is a couple years older than "Fast Eddie".
Apparently I was married from my cradle B^D

Anyway, they called them both into the list and here comes Edward, doing his
usual "I'm so weak and old I can hardly drag my sword into the list"
routine. You should have seen him blink to see Gilbert dragging HIS sword
into the list in an even slower manner. The poor guy could hardly lift his
sword to salute the crown! And then they called "lay-on".

When the dust settled, Edward was the winner, of course, but none of us had
seen the fighting much because those two old geezers were moving so fast
shucking and jiving that a cloud was raised and we couldn't see the fast
flying shots. Makes me chuckle to this day.

Gimme a geezer any day. He'll know what he's about.

Cheers

Aoife

'Lainie wrote:
At 11:19 AM 4/12/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Eddie's a geezer. So is Albert von Drechenveldt. Al is the Premier
>Knight Pensioner in the Outlands.

NOOOOO! Eddie can't be a Geezer! Now Fleig- THAT'S a Geezer!

>Md/Marged
>can girls be geezers?

Naw- we're Old Biddies!

'Lainie- I'm not old, I'm a Vintage Collectible!