[Sca-cooks] Old in the SCA

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Apr 12 15:38:17 PDT 2002

Also sprach Lis:
>When the dust settled, Edward was the winner, of course, but none of us had
>seen the fighting much because those two old geezers were moving so fast
>shucking and jiving that a cloud was raised and we couldn't see the fast
>flying shots. Makes me chuckle to this day.

My lady Caendra has a photo taken years and years ago, when Sir
Edward merely _pretended_ to be a geezer ;-). He might have been 40,
maybe not.

It shows some kid in armor flying backwards; he is clearly just
leaving the combat circle of Edward Zifran, who is clearly depicted
standing still, frozen by a shutter speed of something like 1/500th
of a second. In his hand is what appears to be a blurry, bladeless
basket sword hilt. The rattan blade itself is absolutely invisible at
a high shutter speed.

Adamantius