[Sca-cooks] Use of Stale Bread

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 12 20:15:07 PDT 2002

French Toast and all of it's equivalents are a favorite use of stale bread,
in fact, they are better with stale bread, and some early recipes were
called "Lost Bread" as in using up bread that might be lost otherwise for
not being fresh anymore.  I would refer you to the Florilegium for lots of
discussion there, or let me know and I can send you those files directly.
Mistress Christianna
incorrectly known as the "French Toast Laurel"