[Sca-cooks] More from Paul....

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 13 15:48:34 PDT 2002

--- "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org> wrote:

> I know of Paul Buell from when he was on Ansax-net
> (Anglo-Saxon
> Scholars) He was no slouch there either! ;-)

I actually met Paul on the Byzantine List. It tends to
be almighty dry and scholarly at times, and he and I
tended to liven it up- in fact, I was able to pass
along a lot of good stuff I picked up from you guys.
One I particularly remember was a scholarly type, who
had translated a phrase as "fat tailed sheep" and was
wondering if there was a misprint. Since we had
recently been discussing them on Cook's List, I was
able to pass a lot of information along.

Good guy, good friend ;-)

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,