[Sca-cooks] More from Paul....

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Sat Apr 13 20:00:00 PDT 2002

Lucky you!  Not available at all from B&N online any more!

I hope Paul and his partner manage to get the rights to the book back from
Keegan-Paul publishers and get it published in Taiwan or somewhere.  I
remember him fuming about the ridiculous price because the publisher would
not believe the figures (pre-publication orders) that he gave them and only
did a very small run which had to be priced out of the range of most of the
people who wanted it.  I know someone on the list is going to set up a wail
for poor misunderstood publishers, but I've read enough well researched and
knowledgeable comments about Keegan-Paul to believe they are not worthy of
sympathy.

Regina
My daughter works in management for B&N, she tells me it is listed at $125
with them (when she checked it over Christmas). There was one copy ordered
for her store (for some odd reason). She purchased it with her employee
discount, and it was ninety-something after taxes.  (NOT THAT I MIND).

It's nice to see that B&N has reconsidered that pretty egregious price
gouge that they had at first.

Regards,
Maggie MacD.

PS-- I haven't gotten around to cooking anything from yet it, I've still
been slowly going through all the dietary rules and advice.