[Sca-cooks] More from Paul....

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Sat Apr 13 18:49:22 PDT 2002

At 05:43 PM 4/13/02,Wanda Pease said something like:
>He was on Mediev-L as well, which is were I heard about the book and spread
>the news  to this and other lists.  We're like a pack of wolves pouncing on
>a tidbit and spreading it all over the place until we've been able to
>swallow and start the digesting process.  I know I got in early enough to
>force Barnes and Noble to sell it for the $125 they first advertised rather
>than the $225 they were forced up to by the blood-sucking publisher.
>
>Regina

My daughter works in management for B&N, she tells me it is listed at $125
with them (when she checked it over Christmas). There was one copy ordered
for her store (for some odd reason). She purchased it with her employee
discount, and it was ninety-something after taxes.  (NOT THAT I MIND).

It's nice to see that B&N has reconsidered that pretty egregious price
gouge that they had at first.

Regards,
Maggie MacD.

PS-- I haven't gotten around to cooking anything from yet it, I've still
been slowly going through all the dietary rules and advice.