[Sca-cooks] slings

diana74075 at aol.com diana74075 at aol.com
Sun Apr 14 06:15:42 PDT 2002

In a message dated 4/14/2002 12:59:04 AM Central Standard Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

> Jadwiga Zajaczkowa commented:
> > > Of course that's why Master A occasionally will call himself
> > > 'hash-slinger-in-chief' ;-)
> > > margali
> > > as if he could sling hash! Hacis is more lik it!]
> >
> > I've seen him sling scrapple-- is that close enough to hash?
>
> I guess it depends on how accurate he is at slinging it. I still
> think the usual lead missles or even rocks have a better chance of
> making hash out of the target, though.
>
> Perhaps Master A can use this file to improve his sling technique:
> slings-msg        (37K)  1/24/01    Slings as weapons. combat and hunting.
> http://www.florilegium.org/files/COMBAT/slings-msg.html
>
> .
It's before my first cuppa this morning.  But this thread put the most
amusing thought into my head. A Hash Slinging Contest!
A paper plate is attached to a target, like the one used for knife, axe &
spear.  Cooks show up with their favorite hash stirring utensil. A scoop of
nice, sticky hash is slung at the target from 20 ft. Whoever hits the plate
is deemed a "Master Hash Slinger." I can see it at next Beltane games.  For a
fee, fighters could volunteer to be the targets - hash is mostly meat and
potatoes!

Liadan