[Sca-cooks] More Chinese Cooking Stuff

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Sun Apr 14 22:15:01 PDT 2002

>--- "Craig Jones." <craig.jones at airservices.gov.au>
>wrote:
>
>> Mistress Kiriel and I worked on Green Prawn Rolls
>> (Yumbo), Ark Shells
>> (a bit tough with pippies, so I'll try wth cockles),
>
>S'pose you can translate species for us poor, ignorant
>Americans?

Urrr, ummm.  I'll try...

Sydney Cockles - Anadara trapezia
http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb/2587.html

Pipies - Plebidonax deltoides
http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb/2590.html

>> and Cooked
>> Mushrooms (we used Shitakes & Oysters cooked in
>> chicken stock) which
>> was too bland for my tastes but Kiriel liked it
>> more.
>>
>> Kiriel and I are divided on whether the Green Prawn
>> Rolls is a dry
>> dish or a soup.
>
>Which recipe? I only get to look at the book when
>Margali's asleep ;-)

The Green Prawn Rolls from Cloud Forest Hall Rules published in PPC60.

>> Anyone have a guess what they are asking for with
>> "Ark Shells".  I
>> assume Pipis or cockles, perhaps razor shells?
>
>Again, what species are YOU talking about. And, which
>recipe, where?

See above...

>> Sorry to tease but I don't have the notes at work,
>> so I'll post the
>> recipes, redactions and notes tonight (in about
>> 12hrs time)
>
>Please do- I'll be looking for them.

Will do, just for you gorgeous...

>> Hmmm.  Yeah, I can see where that would be a
>> problem.  I would dearly
>> love to be able to read chinese so I could help with
>> their project for
>> that new Yuan Source.  Perhaps they need redactors
>> to help provide
>> redactions for each recipes (which is the only
>> criticism I have of
>> "Soup", but yet, I forces me to think more to create
>> my own redactions
>> rather than being bias by someone else.
>
>I prefer it that way- can screw up all by myself ;-)

Yep.  Health Tip:  Don't do the Tangut Lungs recipe in Soup as I'm
still mentally scarred from the first attempt at the dish.  "hunks of
Liver Flavoured Marshmallow floating in a bitter green clag" was my
description, the next nicest comments from the group was "Vile".

>> >Did you post another redaction? I only saw this
>> one,
>> >from yesterday.....
>>
>> That would be the Honey Stuffed Crabs....
>
>Yes, I'd stashed that one too, but I forgot you sent
>it ;-) The copy you sent me, as well as this note
>(your posting) have been sent on to Paul.

Cool.  Thank you.

Drake.