[Sca-cooks] More Chinese Cooking Stuff

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 14 21:52:21 PDT 2002

--- "Craig Jones." <craig.jones at airservices.gov.au>
wrote:

> Mistress Kiriel and I worked on Green Prawn Rolls
> (Yumbo), Ark Shells
> (a bit tough with pippies, so I'll try wth cockles),

S'pose you can translate species for us poor, ignorant
Americans?

> and Cooked
> Mushrooms (we used Shitakes & Oysters cooked in
> chicken stock) which
> was too bland for my tastes but Kiriel liked it
> more.
>
> Kiriel and I are divided on whether the Green Prawn
> Rolls is a dry
> dish or a soup.

Which recipe? I only get to look at the book when
Margali's asleep ;-)

> Anyone have a guess what they are asking for with
> "Ark Shells".  I
> assume Pipis or cockles, perhaps razor shells?

Again, what species are YOU talking about. And, which
recipe, where?

> Sorry to tease but I don't have the notes at work,
> so I'll post the
> recipes, redactions and notes tonight (in about
> 12hrs time)

Please do- I'll be looking for them.

> Hmmm.  Yeah, I can see where that would be a
> problem.  I would dearly
> love to be able to read chinese so I could help with
> their project for
> that new Yuan Source.  Perhaps they need redactors
> to help provide
> redactions for each recipes (which is the only
> criticism I have of
> "Soup", but yet, I forces me to think more to create
> my own redactions
> rather than being bias by someone else.

I prefer it that way- can screw up all by myself ;-)

> >Did you post another redaction? I only saw this
> one,
> >from yesterday.....
>
> That would be the Honey Stuffed Crabs....

Yes, I'd stashed that one too, but I forgot you sent
it ;-) The copy you sent me, as well as this note
(your posting) have been sent on to Paul.

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,