[Sca-cooks] Oysters Rockefeller

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 15 10:44:16 PDT 2002

As I recall, the mixture on top contains Pernod, a yellowish liquer, and I
always thought it was spinach, too.  One of the cookbooks I have says
anisette, and yes, spinach.
Christianna

>And when you're there, be sure to order their Oysters Rockefeller...that is
where that particular dish was invented, and it bears no resemblance to the
versions you see everywhere else.  The "green stuff" on the top that most
places assume to be spinach isn't...and the folks at Antoine's aren't
telling what it is.  But it doesn't taste anything like the imitations!!!