[Sca-cooks] Dr. Eugene Anderson

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 15 11:20:28 PDT 2002

Gwyneth skrev:

> > All this talk of Dr. Paul Buell is quite
> interesting, but we shouldn't
> forget
> > Dr. Eugene Anderson's contributions to Soup for
> the Qan. He's the
> co-author.
> > Dr. Anderson is a professor of Anthropology at UC
> Berkeley. Along with KC
> > Chang's book, Food in Chinese Culture (1977), His
> book The Food of China
> > (1988), sparked my fascination in the
> anthropological, economic, and
> cultural
> > factors surrounding cookery, not just the
> ingredients and recipes.

Quite true, but since I'm the one posting, and since I
know Paul but I don't know Anderson, I'm going to tend
to talk about who I do know and am discussing "Soup"
with. From one of Paul's posts, though, I suspect the
man has a pretty good sense of humor, which, after
all, is one of the most important things about
anybody, isn't it?

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,