[Sca-cooks] Things to bring from/taste test in Scotland (was Wales)

James Gilly / Alasdair MacIain alasdair.maciain at snet.net
Mon Apr 15 14:20:47 PDT 2002

At 01:25 PM 4/15/02 +0000, Olwen wrote:
>>Ah, yes - breakfast at the Rock Cafe (in Dunoon) - fried eggs, chips, black
>>pudding, back bacon, sausage, and toast.  And a raspberry shake.
>>
>><sigh>
>>

>>Alasdair mac Iain
>
>Someone on this list from Dunoon?  My brother in law is from there.  Married
>my sister there.

Spent three years in Dunoon ('89-'92), would love to go back.

>Why would anyone want to have a raspberry shake for breakfast?

Because it's good?  My flatmates and I usually went to the Rock for
breakfast on Saturday or Sunday.  Hence it was usually a latish
breakfast.  I usually ordered the mixed grill, with extra toast, tea, and
said shake.  Heaven.... 8)  Though my favourite restaurant in Dunoon was
actually the Bombay - my flatmates and I would eat there at least two-three
times a month.

Alasdair mac Iain