[Sca-cooks] embroidered table linens

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 16 06:54:45 PDT 2002

This set off a bell in my head and I just checked into an article I wrote
several years ago about an Italian feast.  In it, I described a decorative
runner used down the center of the table, made of brocade.  I would suspect
that if they used something like this, it would not be unreasonable to
assume that, in some cases, the runner might also be embroidered.  Now I
don't know where I found this information, but I'll see if I can find where
I got it and let you know....I suspect that it might have been in Santich's
"Original Mediterranean Cuisine", but I'll have to look.

Kiri