[Sca-cooks] embroidered table linens

deborah minyard dminmin at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 16 11:09:35 PDT 2002

> > > I've got a picture with a woven tablecloth.  It's
> > > used in a book on
> > > renaissance costuming to show a particular fabric.
> > > It looks like little
> > > dragon's and I bet if you used it somebody would
> > > tell you it wa too fantasy

>Can you at least tell us what book it is in, and from whence the picture
>came?

Sorry I didn't have it with me.  It's
Renaissance Dress in Italy 1400-1500 Jacqueline Herald from the HIstory of
Dress Series. it's on page 87 "dDetail of a perugian towel used as a table
cloth in The Last Supper by Ghirlandaio, 1480.

Afriend with awards for embroidery recommended finding a copy of A Pictorial
History of Embroidery, it's Out of print but you might find a Library copy.
According to her if they did embroidery on it it'll be in there.
Maddalena