[Sca-cooks] Books

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Apr 18 20:17:56 PDT 2002

At 05:08 PM 4/13/02 -0400, you wrote:

>It is time for me to cram my head with more knowledge.
>I want to know what folks have been reading lately (ISBNs are nice) and
what I would need to go along with it.
>I need to expand my knowledge outside of what I know already (don't ask me
what I know already, that has caused
>lesser being's heads to explode with a partial answer)
>
>Cadoc MacDairi

Cadoc, be careful what you ask! You may be surprised at the answer!

For a long-term, on-going project:

_The Poems of the Pearl Manuscript_ ed. Malcolm Andrew and Ronald Waldron
	ISBN 0-520-04631-5

_Middle English Literature_ ed. Charles Dunn and Edward Byrnes
	ISBN 0-8240-5297-8

_A Handbook of Middle English_ trans. James A. Walker (Johns Hopkins,
Baltimore, 1952) no ISBN.

_The Riverside Chaucer_ gen ed. Larry Benson
	ISBN 0-395-29031-7

For another long-term, on-going project:

_Feudal Society in Medieval France: Documents from the County of Champagne_
trans. & ed. Theodore Evergates
	ISBN 0-8122-1441-2

_Silence: a Thirteenth-Century French Romance_ trans. & ed. Sarah Roche-Mahdi
	ISBN 0-937191-32-9

And sort-of-for-a-project but mostly for fun:

_Our Vampires, Ourselves_ Nina Auerbach
	ISBN 0-226-03201-9

Yes, I am twisted. Get used to it. :-]

'Lainie