[Sca-cooks] Mo+ie way 00P

ariann ariann at nmia.com
Thu Apr 18 21:06:33 PDT 2002

They still make Moxie.  It's a New England (patent medicine) thing.  I saw
it in the store (Newton, MA) when I helped my sister do her Thanksgiving
shopping.  They sell it by the 6-pk at around $7 - $8.  It's a root soda,
genitian (sp?), I think.  I drank one as a kid because it came in a pretty
orange bottle. It's really astringent and tastes like a nasty prune, with an
aftertaste that doesn't quit.   They sell it all over the Cape to the
tourists. It's the only thing the Gypsy moths won't touch!

Ariann, who has just relived a traumatic childhood memory