[Sca-cooks] Mo+ie way 00P

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Apr 19 07:06:02 PDT 2002

Also sprach Siegfried Heydrich:
>     Urf! Moxie is NOT a cola. I don't know exactly what it is, as I tasted
>it when I was a little kid, and all I can say is that it's an acquired
>taste. (I sprayed it . . . did not like it at all) I think they stopped
>making it in the late '50s . . .

All the bottles I've seen have been labelled as "cola"; although they
also make alleged fruit flavors. Again, I believe it is still in
production. As for whether it qualifies as a cola, since "cola" is a
nearly meaningless term in any commercial/industrial sense, and has
been for a long time, _and_ since the primary ingredient common to
both Co-Cola and Pepsi seems to be battery acid, it may simply be
that they all should be called "toxic waste", but if they choose to
call it cola, who can say nay? In fact, it's been rumored that that
was the original name (as in Co-Toxic Waste, Pepsi-Toxic Waste,
Moxie-Toxic Waste, etc.) of all these products, until the respective
marketing departments heard about it...

Adamantius