[Sca-cooks] Mo+ie way 00P

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Apr 19 08:09:36 PDT 2002

At 10:06 AM 4/19/02 -0400, you wrote:
>All the bottles I've seen have been labelled as "cola"; although they
>also make alleged fruit flavors. Again, I believe it is still in
>production. As for whether it qualifies as a cola, since "cola" is a
>nearly meaningless term in any commercial/industrial sense, and has
>been for a long time, _and_ since the primary ingredient common to
>both Co-Cola and Pepsi seems to be battery acid, it may simply be
>that they all should be called "toxic waste", but if they choose to
>call it cola, who can say nay? In fact, it's been rumored that that
>was the original name (as in Co-Toxic Waste, Pepsi-Toxic Waste,
>Moxie-Toxic Waste, etc.) of all these products, until the respective
>marketing departments heard about it...
>
>Adamantius

Interestingly, just yesterday there was a column in the Eugene
Register-Guard by Bob Welch, wherein he describes a long-term addiction to
soda pop of all kinds. Until one day recently he found his son soaking his
golf clubs in soda. Takes nearly anything off, and Bob got to thinking
about how he'd been pourin the same stuff down his gullet... he's quit soda
entirely, now drinking fruit juice and lots of water, is saving money and
losing weight. And his dentist is happier too.

'Lainie
drink the stuff on the road, but that's about it anymore. Too expensive.