[Sca-cooks] Reading List

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Sun Apr 21 09:41:02 PDT 2002

>     Caointiarn quoth:
> _Dangerous Tastes_ the story of spices;   Andrew Dalby University of
California Press
ISBN 0520227891

> Say, where did you get your copy?  I had to buy mine at the British Museum
last month, as my crackerjack I.L.L. librarians were unable to find a single
U.S. library willing to loan it.
> Isn't it interesting?

    Dearest Maria,

    My copy was a Christmas present, however, the "sweet-ums" knew about the
book because of an ad in some scientific magazine we recieve.  She said she
ordered the book directly from the University of California Press.   I'm
surprised that Barnes & Noble couldn't locate a copy for you.

 A good laugh I just had was looking at the ISBN & bar code numbers:  the
words "Printed in Great Britain"

    For anyone else wondering how to locate a copy for their own library:
University of California Press  Berkeley CA 94720   www.ucpress.edu

    Caointiarn