[Sca-cooks] Re: Fwd: mystery vegetable

Lis liontamr at ptd.net
Sun Apr 21 10:24:59 PDT 2002

How about we look at the clues in the painting. First, it's to be eaten with
roasted pork. Second, it's gathered in the forest. Third, it's light enough
that the fellow can carry a sack of them in his teeth.

So, I guess they are truffles, mushrooms, or perhaps chestnuts. A last
thought is figs (they sort oflook like fresh figs to me). There is a chance
that it's something esoteric we don't associate with foodstuffs now (i.e.:
one of those puffball fungi, etc.).

Aoife