[Sca-cooks] Sweet pickled eggs recipe?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Apr 21 21:06:58 PDT 2002

Brangwayna Morgan asked:
> Does anyone have a European recipe, 15th century or earlier, for pickled eggs
> which are sweet or sweet and sour in flavor?  I remember the yummy ones
> someone brought to the Cook's Potluck...English or French preferred, but will
> consider other countries.

I've never fixed these, but from the ingredient list this seem like it
might be what you are looking for. This is from my pickled-foods-msg
file.

Argh. I just seen where the fractions were lost since they were
given as single, special characters. I'll keep looking. But this
might give you the framework to work with, even if I can't find
an actual recipe with all the measures. Sorry.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net