[Sca-cooks] RE: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #1740 - 15 msgs

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Mon Apr 22 06:04:52 PDT 2002

Heany-wolf Beowulf - got it for a christmas/birthday present.

Not a clue who translated the chaucer, it is the 'pocket chaucer' that was
fairly popular as a college text [where I got it ;-)] so I'd have to go down
to the car and dig it out of the trunk to see who workedon it.

margali

the quote starts hereL:
>Chaucer - Pocket Chaucer. Nothing, it is already in modern english - but
not
>abridged or expurgated.

Whose translation? (really- it is not originally in modern English!)

>Anonymous - Beowulf - modern translation, great illos.

Whose translation? Is it the Seamus Heaney edition? The Ansax-net has
dubbed it Heaney-wulf and thinks it's pretty good.

'Lainie

****** Message from InterScan E-Mail VirusWall NT ******