[Sca-cooks] Around the Mediterranean in four easy courses...

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 22 07:43:04 PDT 2002

IIRC, it was not the number of layers but rather the type of pastry used.
In modern baklava, we use phyllo dough, which comes in thin layers and
creates a sort of puff pastry kind of effect.  The layers in gullach, the
proto-baklava are more along the lines of pancakes.  The filling, etc., are
very similar, however.

Kiri