[Sca-cooks] Around the Mediterranean in four easy courses...

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Fri Apr 19 10:00:39 PDT 2002

Anahita said:
He also requested baklava, which he knows isn't exactly "period". I
can make something close by altering a "period" recipe or i can use a
recipe from my Eastern Mediterranean modern pastry book (some of
which are pretty close to the pastries in "the Book of the
Description of Familiar Foods").

We have talked a little about baklava. If I remember correctly,
the main differance between the modern dish and it's possible
period predecessors is the number of layers. Some of this
discussion can be found in this file in the Florilegium:
baklava-msg       (16K)  4/12/01    Period baklava-like layered pastries.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/baklava-msg.html

Stefan