[Sca-cooks] Around the Mediterranean in four easy courses...

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 19 05:51:48 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----

<snippage>
> He also requested baklava, which he knows isn't exactly "period". I
> can make something close by altering a "period" recipe or i can use a
> recipe from my Eastern Mediterranean modern pastry book (some of
> which are pretty close to the pastries in "the Book of the
> Description of Familiar Foods").

Why don't you make the proto baklava that we talked about sometime back.  If
you want, I can send you my recipe/redaction... IIRC it came from an article
that Paul Buell and Eugene Anderson wrote about Mongol culture...I've since
lost the offprint he sent me and need to ask if he'll send another.  At any
rate, I believe that the concensus here was that it was of mid-Eastern
origin.

Kiri