[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Help

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Apr 23 21:45:48 PDT 2002

Aoife asked:
>   I'm coordinating activities for Children's Point at Pennsic this year.
>   Naturally, this means one of my topics is going to be medieval food. I'm
>   looking for a few good ideas: Sotelties or other food projects kids can
>   create that involve NO heat, little equipment, and are reasonably
>   inexpensive.
>
>   It's a tall order, I know. And to set the ball rolling, I've already got the
>   graham cracker gingerbread house thing down. Not sure I'll use it, but it's
>   on paper already. So please, feed me some ideas---the more historically
>   authentic the better.

Well, what about making some butter? You can get that good milk at the
Pennsic store. Do they have cream? We've talked about this on this
list before. Where you put the cream/milk in a jar or other tightly
sealable container and the kids take turns shaking it.

More details can be found in my butter-msg file.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net