[Sca-cooks] The tastiest grape leaves

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Apr 24 14:29:17 PDT 2002

Also sprach DragonTamer:
>Stupid question number 3000000002.....what is converted rice??

Converted rice is sometimes known as parboiled rice. Uncle Ben's is a
common example around here. It's not as vile as Minute Rice, but it
has been partially pre-cooked and then dried, the object being to
remove surface starches and make it less sticky, and a little easier,
in theory, for mere non-rice-cooking mortals to cook. The cooking
process, the timing or the water-to-grain proportions are different;
I forget which; it's been a long time since I cooked parboiled rice.

Adamantius