[Sca-cooks] Not that Strange, was: It's quiet in here

Patrick McKinnion patgund at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 25 09:26:38 PDT 2002

on 4/25/02 8:48 AM, Erika Thomenius at ldygytha at hotmail.com wrote:

>>     I do have a habit of collecting strange and unusual recipes.    Most
>> of
>> which I will never use, and some I have no desire to use.     The Cajun
>> Haggis I want to try sometime.   The Fruit Cocktail-SPAM Buffet Party Loaf,
>> on the other paw, I have no desire to try.....or even be in the same room
>> with.....
>
> Have you checked out lileks.com?  There's a whole section of culinary
> horrors.  Including a whole bunch of recipes in which 7-up plays a vital
> role.

    <laugh!>  Curiously enough, reading it as we speak.  I've been a
long-time fan of his site.   Matter of fact, not only did I get the book
version of his "Gallery of Regrettable Food", but I gave a copy to Selene a
few months ago.   Still don't know if she's forgiven me or not....

    My mom has several of the cookbooks he references as well.   Which may
eventually end up in my collection.

    - Padraig o Connell

I doubt they would get a clue even if Blue and Steve themselves came in and
pummeled them mercilessly with a sledgehammer with Blue's pawprint stamped
on the business end.