Chinese restaurant's names... (was Re: [Sca-cooks] My Dad...)

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 26 06:02:33 PDT 2002

Yup...I got hungry as well.  But the good news is that Phillip makes the
best fried rice in the universe.  I'm not sure it's a documentable Chinese
recipe, but it does have all of the usual ingredients...and it is
sooooooooooo good!

He makes it with water chestnuts, bean sprouts, tofu, Chinese sausage,
scrambled egg and scalliions, in addition to the requisite rice.  His sauce
includes (I think) sake, soy sauce (regular), rice vinegar, a little hot oil
(I suspect he'd use more if he weren't making it for me), and I'm not sure
what else.

If anyone wants the recipe...I think that's it, though I may be missing an
ingedient on the sauce.  He doesn't use a recipe for it....I think he got it
out of some sort of Whole Earth cookbook back in his student days and has
modified it beyond recognition.

Kiri