[Sca-cooks] A trick for growing period apple

Cathy Harding charding at nwlink.com
Fri Apr 26 08:25:32 PDT 2002

We have been grafting for several years.  There are some 60 year old trees
on the property that bear really boring transparents, but we have grafted
about 10 varieties on to one of them,  So the tree looks really kind of
crazy with red, and yellow and pink and green apples on it.  We did some new
varieties this spring and it looks like they have all taken (leafing out and
getting flower buds on them.

Maeve