[Sca-cooks] A trick for growing period apple

sjk3 at cornell.edu sjk3 at cornell.edu
Fri Apr 26 08:49:45 PDT 2002

Grafting sounds like a good idea.  The trees I have been considering
taking down are a nearly dead peach and a very poorly cherry, but the old
apple is staying.  Are there places to get grafting stock?  The places I
know of (live, on-line, and catalogs) assume you're buying a whole tree.
If I could find stock for varieties (period or otherwise) appropriate to
the Northeastern US, I'm sure I could learn how to do it, between
Cooperative Extension and the Ag College here at Cornell.

Sandra Kisner
sjk3 at cornell.edu