[Sca-cooks] Re: Alaska

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Apr 26 08:48:04 PDT 2002

At 08:18 AM 4/26/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Someone on another list pointed out this.
>
>http://history.westkingdom.org/Year19/Photos/OWC01.htm
>
>Maeve
>(misplaced Oerthan and sometime list mistress - but only with battery warmed
>socks, a brazier and Sir Kylson's winter cloak.)

All right- I have to say I sympathize with them out there, but not much.
WHERE ARE THEIR HATS!?! Most of your heat loss is right from the top of
your head! I see two hats and a veil in that picture. Geez- Talk about mad
dogs and Englishmen- someone out in teh snow in Alaska without a hat? Geez...

And I don't give a **** about messing your hair. That's easier to fix than
hypothermia.

'Lainie
-who had a leetle wool hat on for walking yesterday- it was in the 50s.