[Sca-cooks] Re: Alaska

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Fri Apr 26 09:48:19 PDT 2002

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Laura C. Minnick wrote:

> At 08:18 AM 4/26/02 -0700, you wrote:
> >Someone on another list pointed out this.
> >
> >http://history.westkingdom.org/Year19/Photos/OWC01.htm
> >
> >Maeve
> >(misplaced Oerthan and sometime list mistress - but only with battery warmed
> >socks, a brazier and Sir Kylson's winter cloak.)
>
> All right- I have to say I sympathize with them out there, but not much.
> WHERE ARE THEIR HATS!?! Most of your heat loss is right from the top of
> your head! I see two hats and a veil in that picture. Geez- Talk about mad
> dogs and Englishmen- someone out in teh snow in Alaska without a hat? Geez...
>
> And I don't give a **** about messing your hair. That's easier to fix than
> hypothermia.
>
> 'Lainie
> -who had a leetle wool hat on for walking yesterday- it was in the 50s.

Good heavens. I agree with 'Lainie on this one--most of us Minnesotans
(and N and S Dakotans, and Winnipegians, and some Wisconsonites, and
Yoopers) are smart enough to wear something on our heads, even if it's
just the hood from the cloak. And in the summer we wear hats to protect us
from the sun.

No wonder you're cold.

[OB food content: has anybody noticed that cremini mushrooms are now "baby
'bellas", or is it just my grocery store that does this?]