[OT, OOP] My mom, was Re: [Sca-cooks] My Dad...

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 26 09:23:02 PDT 2002

She does some 1-on-1 counseling with new cancer patients through ACS.  She had
her first mastectomy about 12 years ago, so is an old hand.

All my life, I found myself dreading my 30th birthday for no particular reason.
As it happened, my grandmother and father-in-law both died that week and my
mother was diagnosed with her first breast cancer that day.  Aha, the light
dawns!  It's not the birthday that was the problem, it was the upcoming
tragedies that somehow cast a shadow forward into my young life.  Then she had
her second mastectomy in time for my 40th birthday.  I told her, that's it,
you're all out of boobage for my 50th, that's all.  She said she would make
every effort to comply!

Selene, Caid