[Sca-cooks] Mascarpone

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 26 16:01:41 PDT 2002

Greetings,

My favorite application for Mascarpone cheese is Tiramisu.

The first time I ever had it the pastry chef at the place I worked mad a
particularly delectable verion.
He made it in one of those metal steam tray tubs (about 1/2 size).
Make a good bit of Ganache (cream & chocolate 1:1) and let it cool a bit but
keep it pourable. Line the bottom of the pan with ladyfingers, dress with
Kalua (don't drown it till mushy). Put on a good layer of sweetened
mascarpone then a layer of ganache (1/4 inch or more), then a layer of lady
fingers, Kalua, cheese, chocolate..... you get the picture? End with a layer
of chocolate.
This is a considerable deviation from a standard Tiramisu - but man is it
tasty. Of course, I love chocolate.

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva