[Sca-cooks] baked cheese dishes

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Apr 26 22:50:27 PDT 2002

Serena da Riva said:
> For the third test I used 1/2 a can of commercial crescent rolls that had
> been squished together and then rolled back out. Put the same cheese mixture
> in as before & tucked it in nice & neat.

Thank you for the follow up report on your cheese pastries. No, I don't
think that quite fits the period description, but closer. Please keep
us informed of any future experimentation with this. It would also
be nice to know how these work at the feast and whether folks like
them. It seems like this is a dish that can't sit around very long
or they would get greasy or 'wilt'.

> They will also be having whole fried onions and spinach/cheese,
> chicken/cheese raviolis in that course.

Are these onions breaded? And what size and type of onions will
you be using?

Thanks,
  Stefan

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net