[Sca-cooks] Marzipan, was War with AnTir

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 27 21:12:15 PDT 2002

ICK!  Shellac??  Ew.  I tasted some stuff at the Sysco show that tasted like
crap.  Probably the same stuff.  The woman was very unhappy that I kept
trying to spit it out on the floor, my hand, the trash can, anywhere!

The stuff I buy is American Almond (AA) Almond Paste #10 can.  It contains
Almonds, sugar, and synthetic bitter almond oil (which I could do without
but I have tried worse brands).  This stuff I can mi+ half and half with
confectioner sugar and don't have to add rosewater till I need it.  It seems
to keep lots better that way in baggies in the fridge.  I was down to under
four pounds in the fridge so I needed the e+tra supplies.
Now...where is that "to do" list..
Olwen