[Sca-cooks] Marzipan, was War with AnTir

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Apr 27 20:30:56 PDT 2002

Avraham said:
> My boyfriend (He Who Cannot Cook) has informed the he and two friends have
> ordered six CASES of marzipan... just in case Icefalcon and Isabella win the
> next Crown Tourney here in the East, so they can make the subtlety for the
> Coronation. I steadfastly refuse to ask WHAT they're planning to do (though
> of course I'm dying to know - not to mention miffed at being left out).

Six CASES? That maybe even more than Olwen buys at once.

Have they every worked with this stuff before? Maybe that's it, they
expect a lot of trial runs and disasters...

Well, Olwen has detailed a lot of good information about marzipan
and working with it. Much of this can be found in this file in the
Florilegium. Perhaps your friends might find this useful.
marzipan-msg      (76K)  4/ 2/02    Use of marzipan (almond paste) in sotelties.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/marzipan-msg.html

And if the expected event doesn't occur (ask Baron Akim about Y2K
preperations :-) ) then they will have a lot of marzipan left over
for various adventures.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net