[Sca-cooks] Caramel Laura Secord

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 27 22:01:39 PDT 2002

Aaa-iii! I really can't believe that i wrote:
>Note: many times recipes call for common household utensils for
>measurements (cuilliere de soupe is a regular tableware soup spoon,
>"cuilliere de cafe" is a regular tableware tea spoon, not necessarily
>a measuring spoon. A cup could be a tea cup, which only holds 6 oz.,
>i think...

(smacking hand on forehead) My mind was obviously somewhere else,
like deep in the crotch of those Mamluk sirwal.

That should say "cuillere a soupe" and "cuillere a cafe".
There's an accent grave over the first 'e' in cuillere and an accent
grave over the solo 'a' - i left them out because i suspect they are
keyed differently on different computer.

Sheesh. My vast apologies.

"So," you may say, if you don't speak French, "what's the difference? (shrug)"

Well, "cuillere a soupe" is a soup spoon, while "cuillere de soupe"
is a spoonful of soup.

Feeling dumb,
Anahita