[Sca-cooks] Fried Rice, was Chinese sausage

Avraham haRofeh goldberg at bestweb.net
Sun Apr 28 04:14:07 PDT 2002

> The not Adamantius-lite said:
> > Hey, _I_ wasn't the one crowned nudus, unctus, and ebrius...
>
> huh? What does this mean? I suppose there is some kind of Roman
> story to go along with this?

As Master A indicated, Cicero castigated Marc Antony for making a speech
while "nudus, unctus and ebrius" - that is, bare-chested, anointed with oil,
and drunk. Adamantius also noted that our dearly beloved (please note the
sarcasm dripping from these words) King of the East, Darius Orientalis, who
claims to be a Roman gladiator, presented himself to be crowned in exactly
that state - bare-chested, greasy and drunk. Since I shan't air dirty
laundry in public, "Further this deponent sayeth not."

Avraham