[Sca-cooks] Re: Caramel Laura Secord

Lis liontamr at ptd.net
Sun Apr 28 18:50:16 PDT 2002

LOL! My kids, who are supposed to be asleep but aren't, think I'm nuts now.
That was a good one.

No, at 28 kids to a  class, we decided to do a cake (mundane but everyone
likes cake). Marzipan might run me a bit too much, and might take more time
than I'd like (did I mention the arts demo for an underprivileged school
we're after school doing in 2 days).We'll divide the cake up into the table
and use different colors of sprinkles, luster dust, shimmery flakes, etc. in
each type of element. Then ice in the abbreviations in black over top.
Actually now that I think about it, we'll do the abbreviations in Royal and
let 'em dry, then place 'em on top last minute. Time-wise and effort wise, a
no-brainer. And her teacher *really* likes her chow. Sure to get an A.

Cheers

Aoife

>> Next project: the periodic table of elements
>
>-=grin=- in marzipan?

     It would certainly more edible that way.  Or you could take a hint from
a t-shirt I saw in Dallas at the science museum at Fair Park; a periodic
table and chairs.

Sandra