[Sca-cooks] Chocolate yogurt

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Apr 28 18:57:47 PDT 2002

Avraham said:
> > I don't imagine I'd want garlic in my yogurt either,
> > although yogurt and garlic might mix well in a savory
> > dish of some sort.
>
> Tzatziki! Yogurt, garlic and slivered cucumber - the traditional dressing
> for gyro sandwiches.

Ah, I do like this sauce when I've had it on gyro sandwiches.  Since I
can get steak as cheap as I can get lamb (I checked today. Ground
lamb and lamb meat were both about $3.89/lb), I'm thinking this sauce
might be good with strips of roast beef instead of lamb. I'm not
sure where I can get the flat bread for a gyro either.

How big a chunk of cucumber to be considered a "sliver"? And minced
garlic, I assume? Just mix together cold?

And yes, I think using chocolate yoghurt for this would be pretty
horrible.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net