[Sca-cooks] Ices, Ice-cream, and Sherbet

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Apr 29 21:41:07 PDT 2002

Daniel Raoul asked:
> As I think that it would make an interesting topic anyone have any in period
> references regards ices, and in particular ice-cream and sherbet?

Check this file in the FOOD section of the Florilegium:
p-cold-treats-msg (13K)  8/29/01    Period cold or frozen foods eaten in period.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/p-cold-treats-msg.html

Probably the premier referance that you want to check is Elizabeth
David's _Harvest of the Cold Months_, Viking Press.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net