[Sca-cooks] Marzipan, in general

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 30 07:16:01 PDT 2002

>In a message dated 04/30/2002 10:04:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>olwentheodd at hotmail.com writes:
>
> > At first he said it was because long ago they tried to sell it but it
>didn't
> >  go but eventually capitulated and got in a case.  Now he cann't keep a
> >  supply of it.
> >  Olwen who wonders who else is buying as much as me
>
>Thanks, I may try that as well as checking with the link Margaret posted. I
>have to admit, your adventures oh the list have piqued my interest and made
>me want to do some marzipan work for my next feast in October, Olwen.
>You're
>an inspiration. ;)
>
>Ilaria

..well...shucks, ma'm...ain't nutin..<blush>
Ilaria, check the price online and the quantity and get back to me.  We
might want to find out if the cost/quantity might be more advantagious if I
bought a can, zipped the contents into baggies and posted it off to you,
depending where you live.  It would still be pricey, but depending on how
much you want, well... The cans I get are seven pounds of almond paste which
you would have to mix with seven pounds of XXX sugar.  See where I'm going
here??  Anyway, the cans cost about $17-$18 and I don't know about the
shipping but we could check.
Olwen