[Sca-cooks] Marzipan, in general

BaronessaIlaria at aol.com BaronessaIlaria at aol.com
Tue Apr 30 07:31:23 PDT 2002

In a message dated 04/30/2002 10:18:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
olwentheodd at hotmail.com writes:

>  Anyway, the cans cost about $17-$18 and I don't know about the shipping
but we could check.

Sweet Celebrations lists the cans as: Almond Paste, 7 lb.  39.50

The feast is for 100 and very illusion and show-off intensive. Edible gold
leaf and all that sort of folderol. My crew is very excited about the chance
to play. Between now and then, we will be doing workshops to get everyone's
skills up to snuff as well as having fun with it. It just seemed so much more
intelligent to buy bulk than loading up on those little tubes or cans you see
in the store.

I'm in the very northernmost part of Trimaris and my mom is in Haymarket, VA,
but none of the places we have looked have been promising. We were going to
try going up your way and hit the shop you go to (and come back through
Timonium for ribs at The Corner Stable) last time I was in VA but it never
worked out.  ::mutter::

Other than the hassle factor for you, your suggestion is very tempting. The
marzipan is basically half the price - even without counting shipping from
the mail order people - to start with. If we can work something out, my Mom
will be coming down in June and could bring it with her, lessening the amount
of time it would spend in the evil clutches of the Postal service, not to
mention the heat here in Florida...

Ilaria