[Sca-cooks] Marzipan, in general

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 30 08:45:36 PDT 2002

>In a message dated 04/30/2002 10:18:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>olwentheodd at hotmail.com writes:
>
> >  Anyway, the cans cost about $17-$18 and I don't know about the shipping
>but we could check.
>
>Sweet Celebrations lists the cans as: Almond Paste, 7 lb.  39.50
>
>The feast is for 100 and very illusion and show-off intensive. Edible gold
>leaf and all that sort of folderol. My crew is very excited about the
>chance
>to play. Between now and then, we will be doing workshops to get everyone's
>skills up to snuff as well as having fun with it. It just seemed so much
>more
>intelligent to buy bulk than loading up on those little tubes or cans you
>see
>in the store.
>
>I'm in the very northernmost part of Trimaris and my mom is in Haymarket,
>VA,
>but none of the places we have looked have been promising. We were going to
>try going up your way and hit the shop you go to (and come back through
>Timonium for ribs at The Corner Stable) last time I was in VA but it never
>worked out.  ::mutter::
>
>Other than the hassle factor for you, your suggestion is very tempting. The
>marzipan is basically half the price - even without counting shipping from
>the mail order people - to start with. If we can work something out, my Mom
>will be coming down in June and could bring it with her, lessening the
>amount
>of time it would spend in the evil clutches of the Postal service, not to
>mention the heat here in Florida...
>
>Ilaria

Gee, for a little more than the cost of the stuff from Sweet Celebrations,
you could get *me* there!  hmm, when is that event agian??  Let's talk to
UPS and find out what a ten pound or so box would cost to ship and how long
it would take. I think we can work something out.  And do let me know when
the event is, after all....
Olwen