[Sca-cooks] Re: Caramel Laura Secord

Generys ferch Ednuyed generys at blazemail.com
Tue Apr 30 08:55:32 PDT 2002

But why would you want to do that when caramel is so easy to make from
normal sugar?
I mean, the way I usually do it is take 4 cups sugar, dump in a pot in a
heap.  Pour a cup of water around the edges (a moat kind of effect).
draw your finger through twice in a cross to moisten the sugar.  Turn on the
heat, don't bother stirring, watch carefully for 20 minutes and boom!
caramel... as is, it's stiff caramel (the kind you can make lace out of), or
you can add heavy cream... yum!  The recipe isn't mine, it's from "Butter
Sugar Flour Eggs" - my favorite non-period cookbook... and it works...

Generys