[Sca-cooks] Finger foods

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Apr 30 11:18:50 PDT 2002

Also sprach Jeff_Gedney/USER/US/Dictaphone at dictaphone.com:
>Hullo the list!
>I have been racking my brain and I must be just plain vaporlocked...
>I am looking for period (citations too, please, I'd like to give
>documentation on request)  finger type foods, non-messy, to serve for a
>"stand-up" feast I am doing in a month. I dont mind doing my own redaction,
>in fact I enjoy doing that.
>I am getting pretty desparate for ideas.  Anyone?

The glazed aloyaux (faux "birds" made of rolled-up veal slices with
marrow or suet) from Taillevent are good for that. Yes, you can do
them with beef.

Mushroom pasties (from Le Menagier) in small form. Use something like
a 3-inch round pastry cutter and make turnovers.

Payn ragoun: remember the pine nut candy you cut up at EK 12th Night?

Ahem. Cuskynoles.

All right, I'm outta here ;-)

Adamantius