[Sca-cooks] Ebay listing of possible interest

Cindy M. Renfrow cindy at thousandeggs.com
Tue Apr 30 15:07:36 PDT 2002

I think we discussed this one before, when we talked about whipped cream.
The caption under the table says 'neueue si fa'  IIRC, this means he's
making a dish of "snow".

I don't know whether it's just an artifact of a low-resolution scan, but
the copies I have (from a cookbook by the Met. Mus. of Art) have much more
fine detail & cross-hatching than are showing up on these pictures. For
ex., the wall beside the fellow with the churn is dark with cross-hatching
in my copy, and there is a dark cross-hatched shadow under the table, yet
there are no such lines in this picture.

Regards,

Cindy