[Sca-cooks] Feast Ambience - incense

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Thu Aug 1 02:07:50 PDT 2002

>Serena da Riva
>Who avoids using the front entrance to major department stores for abject
>fear of the PERFUME LADIES.

Oh yes, I'm with you there. No problems with incense, in fact I find it
rather pleasant and relaxing, but I have a very nasty reaction to most
perfumes nowadays - my throat swells, my breathing becomes difficult and I
break out almost instantly in a very painful prickly red rash on my face. I
used to be a major fan of Chanel #5, Fendi, Red Door and other such scents,
but now I can't even stand next to someone on the Tube who's used a little
too much perfume (and it's amazing the number of women who can't tell the
difference between scenting themselves and marinating themselves)[oblig.food
content].
Perhaps it is the alcohol or fixative though, as I don't have any trouble
with oil-only perfumes (I got a really nice one called 'Myth of the
Morrigan' from the Perfumed Garden at Pennsic XXX) or alcohol-free perfumes
(though there aren't many of them around). And I have noticed the last
couple of times I overindulged (OK, got smashed) that I got a rash. I would
like to think I'm not developing an allergy to alcohol, but I have this
'barn door' feeling... :-P
Though actually if we got people to wear period scents to feasts they
wouldn't have alcohol in them would they? Wasn't that an C.18th innovation?
Jadwiga?

Lucrezia

This electronic message contains information from CACI International Inc or
subsidiary companies, which may be confidential, proprietary,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is
intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not
an intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited.  If
you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately
at postmaster at caci.co.uk

Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.